Asia Allied Infrastructure, building a better future with trust and commitment
The Group adopts a diversified business development strategy. In addition to its core construction business, it also actively explores various forms of development opportunities through mergers and acquisitions.
- The Group separated the maintenance division from construction business unit to form a new member company, Amain Engineering Development Limited, officially commenced operation. Amain offers professional services in civil engineering maintenance, waterworks and minor works.
- Kwan Lee, CRCC and Paul Y. Engineering Joint Venture was awarded with Development of Lok Ma Chau Loop: Main Works Package 1 - Contract 1 Site Formation and Infrastructure Works inside Lok Ma Chau Loop and Western Connection Road Phase 1
- The Novaliches-Balara Aqueduct 4 Project, the first contracted project in the Philippines completed breakthrough. It marked an important milestone for the Group’s development in the Southeast Asia market.
- Awarded Main Contract Works for Proposed Re-development Project at Nos. 5-13 Ash Street, Tai Kok Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong’s first private residential project to be built with Concrete MiC Method.
- Mattex Asia Development Limited, the Group’s subsidiary was invested by Build King Holdings Limited, a major construction contractor in Hong Kong and has reached a cooperation agreement. The two will cooperate in accelerating the digitalization of processes used in construction material management and procurement.
- “SOYO”, a brand-new boutique residential project jointly developed by Excel Billion (HK) Limited and the Group officially started sale.
- Accomplished an equity investment with ECO Group Holdings Sdn. Bhd., a renowned Malaysian company to jointly explore the Malaysian market and accelerate the development of the Group in the regions along the “Belt and Road”.
- Donated more than 200,000 surgical masks and HKD 400,000 to people in need in response to the Coronavirus pandemic through Chun Wo Charitable Foundation, to fight the virus together with the city.
- Jointly acquired the On Lee Commercial Building located at 37 Cameron Road in Tsim Sha Tsui with KaiLong Group. Together with the adjacent site at 35 Cameron Road purchased by the Group between 2018 and 2019, will be re-developed into a commercial project.
- See Change Education, the Group’s education business unit commenced operation, marking the Group officially tapping into education business.
- "128 Waterloo", an iconic premium project jointly developed by the Group and Top Spring International Holdings Limited started sale.
- Concluded an equity investment with Century Elite Technology Group, expert in solar energy systems to actively develop renewable energy business.
- Acquired radiopharmaceutical company Hong Kong Cyclotron Laboratories Limited, officially entering the medical technology field.
With the rich construction experience and expertise in building large-scale integrated construction projects, we are actively grasping the opportunities brought by the “Belt and Road” initiative and overseas building development.
- Innovation brand Inno@Chun Wo hosted an Innovation Announcement, to share with the public its fruitful R&D results.
- Formed Chun Wo Bus Services Limited, officially entering the transportation sector through the operation of local non-franchised bus services business.
- “Heung Yuen Wai Highway”, Chun Wo’s largest solo project in history Liantang/Heung Yuen Wai Boundary Control Point, Site Formation and Infrastructure Works — Contract 3 opened.
- Awarded with Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Project Arendelle - Completion Package.
- Announced the development of the third phase of “Arc De Royal” in Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province, China, a comprehensive commercial development project named “Poly Daduhui”, and entrusted Hebei Poly Real Estate Development Co., Ltd. with its development and management to jointly create and construct an iconic high-end commercial complex.
- Acquired the minority interest of the residential development project at Kau To Shan, “The Cavaridge”.
- Awarded with Tseung Kwan O-Lam Tin Tunnel – Tseung Kwan O Interchange and Associated Works.
- Strategic collaborated with Top Spring International to advance property business in Hong Kong
- Collaborated With Guangzhou Nansha Development Zone And Guangzhou Fund to Develop Nansha Free Trade Zone To Build An International Education Base
- Subsidiary Chun Wo Tunnel Management was awarded Shing Mun Tunnels and Tseung Kwan O Tunnel and Kai Tak Tunnel and Lion Rock Tunnel MOM Contracts
- Together with two independent third parties, the Group has entered into a contract with Manila Water Company, Inc. to design and construct the Novaliches-Balara Aqueduct in the Philippines.
- Acquired certain equity interests in a renowned Construction Company in Macau to extend our reach in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Bay Area.
- With the Group, Asia Allied Infrastructure, expanding its business in the Asia Pacific and overseas markets, the Group’s long-term strategic goal is to be a force in Asia and to expand alliances of the Group across the region. “Chun Wo Development Holdings Limited” has become a major branch of the Group. The operations of Chun Wo including construction and property development continue to be carried out under the “Chun Wo” brand to develop its businesses.
- The Group has adopted a new English name as “ASIA ALLIED INFRASTRUCTURE HOLDINGS LIMITED” and the new Chinese name as “亞洲聯合基建控股有限公司”. Stock code remains unchanged as “00711”.
- The Group’s construction and property development businesses in Hong Kong will continue to be operated under the “Chun Wo” brand, striving to maintain industry leadership by focusing on infrastructure, as well as public and private housing projects and adhering to best industry practices.
- Acquired a Residential Project at No.128 Waterloo Road
- Awarded Site Formation and Infrastructure Works for Development of Anderson Road Quarry Sit
- Acquired an Engineering and Architecture Consultancy Company in Singapore to establish its first platform for developing the markets along Belt and Road initiative
- Subsidiary Chun Wo Tunnel Management Limited has won the tender for a six-year management contract for the Cross-Harbour Tunnel in 2016. It marks the first step tapping the tunnel management business of the Group.
2010 - 2015
- Awarded Wan Chai Development Phase II — Central-Wan Chai Bypass at Wan Chai East
- Awarded Central-Wan Chai Bypass Tunnel (North Point Section) and Island Eastern Corridor Link
- Contracted proposed Tsz Shan Monastery Development at Tai Po
- Awarded Happy Valley Underground Stormwater Storage Scheme ( “NEC” project )
- Successfully secured the tender at Tseng Choi Street, Tuen Mun. Reactivated in the local property market.
- Awarded MTRC Contract No. 1107 — Shatin to Central Link: Diamond Hill to Kai Tak Tunnels
- Awarded MTRC Contract No. 1108- Shatin to Central Link, Kai Tak Station and Associated Tunnels
- Chun Wo was awarded its biggest-ever solo project – Liantang / Heung Yuen Wai Boundary Control Point, Site Formation and Infrastructure Works – Contract 3
- Awarded HK-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge HK Boundary Crossing Facilities, Passenger Clearance Building and Public Transport
- Awarded Contract No. AC168: Main Contract Works for the Retail Expansion of City of Dreams, Macao
Continue to develop Hong Kong's construction business, while undertaking building construction, property development and civil engineering projects in mainland China and oversea countries.
2006 – 2009
- Completed the improvement works to Lok Ma Chau San Tin Interchange
- Completed the construction of Skyplaza & SkyPier People Mover Tunnel
- Pre-sold 340 apartments of Phase 1A of Arc de Royal at Shijiazhuang
- Pre-sold apartments of The Metropolis at Yangzhou and Phase 1B of Arc de Royal at Shijiazhuang
- Chun Wo joint venture awarded rail contract in Thailand
- Entered the Middle East market with initial investments in two residential projects namely ‘Reem Diamond’ and ‘Le Cube’ in Al Reem Island of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Awarded with the following projects: Wan Chai Development Phase II – Central–Wan Chai Bypass at Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Awarded Redevelopment of The Hong Kong Sports Institute Contract 1 Works and Temporary Velodrome in Whitehead, Shatin
- Awarded Construction Works of Tuen Mun Western Trunk Sewerage
2000 - 2005
- Participated in the largest Private Sector Participation Scheme (PSPS) in Hong Kong (Grandeur Terrace in Tin Shui Wai Area 111, with 4,100 flats)
- Acquired City Professional Management Limited, expanding the business into property management
- Undertook for the first time as both the developer and contractor for the Residential Development at the superstructure of Choi Hung MTRC station, No.8 Clean Water Bay Road
- Participated in the construction of permanent way and trackwork projects of MTRC East Rail Extension, Ma On Shan and Tsim Sha Tsui Extension
- Awarded 4 projects for an international theme park located at Penny Bay, Lantau Island (Site development, Government Landscaped Area & Public Transport Interchange, Coach & Car Park, adventure theme park)
- Awarded Zhan Tian You Civil Engineering Award of the Hung Hom Bypass and Princess Margaret Road Link Project
- Completed the property development project in Mainland China (Elite Lodge in Zhongshan)
- Completed the MTRC West Rail station project, including trackwork projects, design, construction and commissioning of an approximate 5.5km viaduct and 4.3km viaduct from Kam Tin to Tin Shui Wai and from Tin Shui Wai to Tuen Mun North respectively
- Jointly undertook the development and construction of a significant property development, Saigon Pearl, in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam,
- Completed the Taiwan High Speed Rail trackwork projects
- Awarded the major Airport Extension Project (The SkyPlaza & SkyPier People Mover Tunnel Works)
- Commenced the residential and commercial development in Shijiazhuang, Yangzhou and Yixing
- Ventured into Macao: awarded contracts by Venetian Macao in Cotai, Macao, for the foundation works and construction of congress and event center of the Las Vegas style casino and resort
- Awarded a large scale building project above the Guangzhou MTR Huang Sha Station
Listed on the mainboard of HKSE and involved in real estate development during the same period; became one of the few local contractors in Hong Kong who hold 5 types of registration and qualifications to work on public projects.
1996 - 1999
- Participated in the construction project of Hunghom Bypass & Princess Margaret Road Links
- Accredited confirmation in Group C under Waterworks Category with the then Works Branch Government Secretariat (i.e. the present Development Bureau)
- Participated in the first Private Sector Participation Scheme (PSPS) project ( Grand View Garden, Hammer Hill Road, with 2,230 flats)
- Established Chun Wo E&M Engineering Company Limited
- Awarded the civil engineering maintenance contract of runway, taxiway, and bridges at Hong Kong International Airport
- Completed the construction of various commercial buildings in Mainland China (International Financial Plaza in Beijing, New China Hong Kong Office Building in Beijing etc.)
- Awarded 3 MTRC West Rail projects of over HK$32 billion (Construction of Tin Shui Wai Station, construction of viaduct from Kam Tin to Tin Shui Wai & from Tin Shui Wai to Tuen Mun North)
- Participated in the MTRC West Rail Permanent Way - Northern Area project
- Accredited confirmation in Group C under the Buildings Category with the then Works Bureau (i.e. the present Development Bureau)
1990 – 1995
- Awarded the Peak Tower redevelopment project
- Listed on the Main Board of SEHK (Stock code: 00711.HK)
- Awarded the building construction and roadworks projects (Scout Association of Hong Kong Headquarters & Lion Rock Tunnel Road reconstruction & improvement works)
- Established Chun Wo Foundations Limited
- Established Chun Wo (China) Limited
- Awarded the first renovation works of US Consulate in Guangzhou
- Awarded the construction works of over 10-mile high pressure gas pipeline at Tai Mo Shan Country Park
- Accredited confirmation in Group C under Site Formation Category with the then Works Branch Government Secretariat (i.e. the present Development Bureau)
Business scope expanded to cover railways and civil engineering infrastructure projects.
- Awarded the renovation works of MTRC Sheung Wan Station
- Awarded the maintenance works of Tolo Harbour Highway
- Awarded the MTRC trackwork project (Construction of double-tracking from Tai Po Market to Sheung Shui Station)
1980 - 1989
- Awarded the first environmental protection engineering project (Landfill Improvement in Sai Tso Wan, Kowloon)
- Awarded the highways and drainage works in Kowloon and accredited confirmation in Group C under Roads and Drainage Category with the then Lands and Works Branch Government Secretariat (i.e. the present Development Bureau)
- Awarded the first bridge & roadworks project (Fanling New Town), including the first underground tunnel construction in Hong Kong
- Awarded the Ho Man Tin & Tai Tam Reservoir waterworks projects
Founded in Hong Kong in 1968
- Established Chun Wo Development Holdings Limited by Dr. Pang Kam Chun in 1968. The Group started off as a constructor of private sector construction; later involved in constructing buildings of various types and functions for the government as well as for private developers
1968 – 1979
- Awarded the first railway project (Renovation of MTRC Shatin Station)
- Awarded the first site formation project (Siu Lik Yuen in Shatin)
- Awarded the first seawall construction project (City One in Shatin)